The last 2 weeks have been a little crazy in terms of work and home life. I won’t go into detail, but It’s definitely brought up anxiety. As I become more aware of the patterns in my thoughts and triggers that force me to face them I realized that when my stability gets shaken up I resort to the past for comfort. I guess the past feels more known, therefore I think it’s easier to control. Anyways, I started looking out for “signs” in my body to see if there was anything I should be concerned about again. Looking at my nails, tongue and hair, maybe this way I can protect/distract myself from the futures doom.
I promised myself awhile back that I would be gentle on myself, so like damn I needed to chill out. It’s kind of uncomfortable to take a step out of my mind and gain some clarity, my mind is always like hold up you need me remember this!! But I love myself too much to play that game anymore. So this past week I set myself the intention for 1. Practicing forgiveness for when I do fall into negative spirals, realistically I’m human and far from perfect 2. Allowing negative or even positive thoughts to pass without attachment & 3. Practicing gratitude and acceptance for where my body and life are right now (literally imagen me taking a walk in the woods and just crying cause I live in this body and like who gon show me love better then me? Plus I’m alive, healthy and free to enjoy life and just wow).
At the end of the day the future is unknown and change is constant. It’s going to be a live, learn, forgive and surrender type of thing. Where you are right now is enough and whatever the future holds you can handle, you’ve already come this far.
But yeah, what does this have to do with cookie dough bites?! Well they’re definitely good for uplifting your mood through your taste buds….but honestly absolutely nothing (: !!
Cookie Dough Bites
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup oats
- 3 big tbsp of cashew butter
- 4 Medjool dates or 8 Deglet dates
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- a pinch of cloves
- a pinch of sea salt
- chocolate chips I use enjoy life mini chocolate chips
- whatever you want really but some suggestions are..
- crushed pistachios
- coconut flakes
- cacao powder
- or nothing
- Put all ingredients, except the toppings and chocolate chips into a blender or food processor until its mixed into a cookie dough consistency
- put the cookie dough into a bowl and stir the chocolate chips into it
- roll the dough into little individual balls
- roll the cookie dough balls into the toppings of choice
- eat it ! ( and refrigerate them when you don’t )