Bone broth has been a staple in people’s diets for centuries all over the world. It’s one of my favourite super foods to consume. Some of it’s healing properties work towards firm/ glowing skin, joint health and repairing your gut.
Joint & bones:
Broth is rich in collagen, gelatin and minerals essential for bone density. As we age cartilage diminishes and joints are more prone to wear out. Collagen helps us repair cartilage and gelatin lubricates your joints to move with ease.
Firm & Glowing Skin:
Since bone broth is abundant in collagen it also helps improve skins elasticity. This gives skin a more youthful appearance, reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
Bone broth has an ample amount of glutamine. Glutamine is important for repairing intestinal junctions, which when loose can result in large protein molecules entering the bloodstream to manifest as future food intolerances and inflammation.
Bone Broth & Benefits
- 4 pounds bone marrow
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinager
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large parsnips
- 4 celery stalks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 15-20 cups water
- Chop the onion, carrots, parsnip, celery and garlic
- Add all ingredients into a crock-pot
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer for 12-24 hours
- Strain solids and store liquid in a jar. Then store in your fridge or freezer. Use what’s in the fridge within a week.