Do you remember that commercial, where you’d sprout chia seeds in ceramic pets to make it look like their hair was growing?
Who knew at the time that those seeds also had incredible health benefits! Chia seeds are one of the foods I feel safe calling a super food because of how much they have to offer. These are few of those:
Chia seeds are loaded with omega-3 fats, specifically alpha-linolenic acid. This type of fat has been studied to reduce inflammation and improve circulation.
Chia seeds are one of the best plant based sources of complete protein. Containing 4 grams per 28grams/1ounce.
Chia seeds contain 11 grams of fiber per 28 grams/1 ounce. This helps to regulate bowel movements, stabilize blood sugar levels and remove excess waste from the body.
Multi mineral for your bones
Chia seeds contain decent amounts of calcium, magnesium, manganese and phosphorus, all minerals which are essential to our bone health
This recipe is the perfect way to incorporate chia into your life!!
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 cups nut milk
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- Mix all dry ingredients into a bowl. Chia seeds, cacao, cinnamon, vanilla protein powder.
- Now mix in the milk and maple syrup. Stir everything together.
- Separate the mixture into two containers, jars or cups. Then let sit in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- Once it's ready to serve, top with fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, nut butter..whatever you like!