Chickpea & Sweet Potato Curry
- 2 14oz cans chickpeas
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 can crushed tomato
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 large red onion diced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cilantro to garnish
In a large skillet or pot, on medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and saute the garlic, onion and ginger until translucent
- Stir in cubed sweet potato, add more olive oil if pan is getting dry. Let sit for 2-3 minutes with lid on
- Add Coconut milk, canned tomato, cayenne, turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper. Let sit for 2-3 minutes with lid on
- Add chickpeas and tapioca starch. Let sit for 10 minutes with lid on. Occasionally check in and stir the pot.
- Sample the curry, and adjust spices as needed.
- Once the curry is tasting to your liking and you can put a fork through the sweet potato, its ready to serve!
- Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy :)