Vitamin B12 formula plus L-methylfolate
• Contains methylcobalamin, the body’s preferred active form of vitamin B12, plus Metafolin® (L-methylfolate) – the active form of folate
• Assists with the metabolism of proteins, fat and carbohydrates
• Helps in the formation of red blood cells
Chewable tablets with a natural cherry flavour
• Great taste for excellent patient compliance
Active Chewable B12 with L-Methylfolate supports macronutrient metabolism and red blood cell formation. Both methylcobalamin and L-methylfolate help in maintaining normal plasma levels of the protein metabolite homocysteine. Homocysteine can be re-methylated back to methionine via donation of a methyl group from L-methylfolate, with methylcobalamin acting as a necessary cofactor in this remethylation process. In participants with elevated homocysteine levels, high-dose supplementation with methylcobalamin and folic acid for 2 weeks resulted in a significant reduction in plasma homocysteine levels.1
1. Koyama K, Usami T, Takeuchi O, Morozumi K, Kimura G. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2007; 7(5): 916-922.