Probiotic formula with L-glutamine
• Probiotics that temporarily modify gut flora
• Provides 24 billion CFU per daily dose from: Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60), Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-21), Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20), Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34), Lactobacillus rhamnosus (CUL-63)
• Includes 1000 mg of L-glutamine and 500 mg of fructooligosaccharides (FOS) per daily dose
HMF Neuro Powder provides five strains of proprietary human-sourced probiotics that help support intestinal health in adults. The intestines are critical barriers that allow the absorbance of selected compounds and promote the excretion of dangerous substances.1 Probiotics compete with pathogenic bacteria for colonization of the gastrointestinal tract, and supplementation with large numbers of a combination of microorganisms helps maximize the growth of beneficial bacteria.1,2 In addition to decreasing bacterial survival by stimulating the production of antimicrobial peptides from host cells, probiotics strengthen the epithelial barrier.1 They mediate the integrity of tight junctions, which control permeability, and increase the release of mucin, which forms a gel on the intestinal surface that prevents pathogens from adhering to cells.1 Collectively, this decreases the entry of bacteria into circulation from the intestines to help maintain optimal health.1
1. Saulnier, N, Zocco, MA, Di Caro, S, Gasbarrini, G, Gasbarrini, A. Genes & Nutrition. 2006; 1(2): 107-116.
2. Allen, SJ, Wareham, K, Bradley, C, Harris, W, Dhar, A, Brown, H, Foden, A, Cheung, WY, Gravenor, MB, Plummer, S, Phillips, CJ, Mack, D. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2012; 12: 108.