Reduces symptoms of IBS in adults and children
• Provides live microorganisms that form part of a natural healthy gut flora
• Proven to supplement the normal intestinal microbiota following antibiotic therapy
• Probiotics to significantly reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in adult and children over 11 years
• Provides 100 billion CFU per dose from: Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60), Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-21), Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20), Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34), Lactobacillus salivarius (CUL-61)
• Includes fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
HMF Replenish Capsules contain five strains of proprietary human-sourced probiotics that decrease IBS symptoms in adults and children. IBS affects nearly 5 million Canadians and can result from altered intestinal microflora.1,2 Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria promote healthy intestinal microflora and increase the reabsorption of bile salts, which is impaired in IBS.1 This results in less water entering the colon to dilute the bile salts, decreasing water excretion and the occurrence of diarrhea.1 In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 52 adults with IBS, daily supplementation with CUL-60, CUL-21, CUL-20 and CUL-34 significantly improved quality of life and bowel habit satisfaction scores, and decreased the number of days with pain within 10 weeks.3 Antibiotics also alter intestinal microflora, and can result in the proliferation of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.1 HMF Replenish Capsules promote normal intestinal microbiota following antibiotic therapy by further decreasing the pH and increasing mucin release to prevent pathogenic adherence to cells.4,5
1. Sarowska, J, Choroszy-Król, I, Regulska-Ilow, B, Frej-Madrzak, M, Jama-Kmiecik, A. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2013; 22(5): 759-766.
2. Fedorak, RN, Vanner, SJ, Paterson, WG, Bridges, RJ. Can J Gastroenterol. 2012; 26(5): 252-256.
3. Williams, EA, Stimpson, J, Wang, D, Plummer, S, Garaiova, I, Barker, ME, Corfe, BM. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2008; 29: 97-103.
4. Nagpal, R, Yadav, H, Kumar, M, Jain, S, Yamashiro, Y, Marotta, F. (2013). In Otles, S. (Ed.), Probiotics and Prebiotics in Food, Nutrition and Health (pp. 1-24). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
5. Saulnier, N, Zocco, MA, Di Caro, S, Gasbarrini, G, Gasbarrini, A. Genes & Nutrition. 2006; 1(2): 107-116.